To hand out something (or hand something out) is to give something to each person in a group of people.
Give out is similar to hand out.
Examples of use:
1. He handed the toys out to the children.
2. The teacher handed the homework sheets out to the students.
3. Emergency food parcels were handed out to the earthquake victims.
4. It's my job to hand out the flyers advertising the new supermarket.
5. News headline: British judges hand out stiff sentences to rioters.
||hand out and hands out|
Can you use this phrasal verb in a sentence?
What has your teacher, or someone else, handed out to you?
Image © Chuck Simmins