To go bananas is to behave in a very excited, angry or emotional way about something.
Informal English / slang.
Examples of use:
1. Your mum will go bananas when she sees what a mess you’ve made in her kitchen!
2. Fans go bananas at Justin Bieber’s concerts.
3. I went bananas when I found out she’d stolen my wallet.
4. Advertisement: The whole family will go bananas over the new Play Station 3 features.
5. Many people are going bananas over Google+
6. The children went bananas when school finished for the summer holidays.
Can you use this expression in a sentence?
What makes you go bananas? 🙂
Image © McKay Savage